After posting my experiences with the Parmesan Tilapia recipe, an old acquaintance shared her favorite tilapia recipe via Facebook. Not only did it look easy, but it looked tasty, too, so we decided to give it a try tonight. Here’s the recipe:
Foil Pouch Tilapia:
4-4 ounce tilapia fillet’s
3 tablespoons fruit salsa (we used Peach Pineapple Chipotle) per filet
Oil spray (like Pam)
1 teaspoon dried minced onion per fillet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Get on square of aluminum foil per fillet and spray it with Pam.
3. Place tilapia fillet’s on foil squares.
4. Place 3 tablespoons salsa and 1 teaspoon dried minced onion on each fillet.
5. Wrap the aluminum foil around the fillet’s, place on a baking sheet, and cook for ten minutes or until the fish flakes.
This was definitely the best tilapia I’ve had, so thank you very much for sharing this recipe, Shelley! I loved the salsa and it was super easy to make. However, I am fairly certain now that I just don’t like tilapia. It’s tolerable, and there’s at least one way to eat it that makes it good. However, as easy as the recipe was and as much as I ended up liking the fruity salsa, I should have loved this–if I liked the protein. Since it only fell into the “pretty good” category, I can only conclude that tilapia is not my fish of choice. Still, we’ll probably make at least one more of our remaining batches of tilapia this way.
To my readers: what’s your favorite variety of salsa?